Dispatcher Basic Training
BASIC TRAINING COURSE
This basic training course is for law enforcement dispatchers only.
Technology is changing the way the modern
communications center operates. Changes in technology affect how citizens
access and interact with public safety services, as well as impacting how
dispatchers provide those services. This course provides easy to understand
information and instruction on different technologies that are available and in
use, how various systems work, how they impact the communications center, and
how dispatchers can utilize them to their fullest.
All Law Enforcement trained dispatchers are welcome to take the POST Dispatcher training Course. Supervisors must fill out the forms, on the POST website, and sign off on all required criteria before a certificate will be issued.
In order to start the course, the student must be registered in the nvelearn system https://nvelearn.nv.gov. Once registered, the agency supervisor must submit the Dispatcher Basic Training Enrollment form to POST. The student will then be notified, via email, when the course has been opened. They will have 180 days to complete this course.
Once a course topic has been completed, they must pass the exam for that topic in order to proceed. If the exam is failed twice, the student must wait 30 days before retaking the course. (After 30 days, the Supervisor can contact POST for re-enrollment). At the end of this course is a Final Exam, and upon successful completion of the Final Exam, the student will be issued a POST Dispatcher Training Certificate of Completion.
A supervisor must sign off all requirements (Per NAC 289.335), listed on the Dispatcher Request for Certificate form, located on the POST website http://post.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/postnvgov/Dispatcher%20Certificate%20Application%203-4-3019.pdf, before their POST Dispatcher Certificate will be issued.
These requirements are:
- They are currently employed as a law enforcement dispatcher
- They are an authorized user of the National Crime Information Center and able to access the system to make inquiries
- They have successfully passed the online Dispatcher Basic Training course and the certificate of completion is included with this form
- They have filled out the required child support form prescribed by the Division of Welfare and Supportive services of the Department of Health and Human Services pursuant to NRS 425.520 and have included it with this form
- They have successfully complete the agency new dispatcher training program
- They have successfully completed the agencies probationary period
See the Dispatcher
Certificate Application for details on obtaining the POST
If you have any questions or need assistance,
please contact the Training Division Administrative Assistant at (775) 687-3310
Forms & Information
POST Dispatcher Course Training Objects
Dispatch Training Registration Form
Dispatch Request for Certification Form